The cost for filing new cases with the court is as follows:
- Civil (with the exception of Appeals, Uniform Arbitration Acts, Writs, Adoptions, Commitments, Student Loans,
Driver's License, Election, and Tax cases), Civil Restraining Orders, Name Changes, Sequestered, Juvenile and Criminal.
- Uniform Arbitration Acts, Writs, Adoptions, Commitments, Student Loans, Driver's License, Election, Tax,
Adoption and Probate Cases.
- New and Reopened Domestic Cases.
- Magistrate Criminal Appeal Cases.
- Municipal Appeal Cases.
- Administrative and Other Appeals not separately listed.
- Jury Demands (6 person).
- Jury Demands (12 person).
Costs for other basic services are as follows:
- Tape/CD Duplication
Personal checks are not accepted. Acceptable forms of payment are: cash, cashier's checks, approved company checks or money orders made payable to First Judicial District Court.
Cash bonds are payable at the Santa Fe and Rio Arriba Clerks Office but only disbursed from the Clerk's Office in Santa Fe.
By order, the Court may grant free process or fee reduction to any party in any civil or criminal action upon showing of indigence. Click on the Forms link under Self-Help to download an Application for Free Process.