First Judicial District Court
Most Popular Pages
Fees and Costs
The cost for filing new cases with the court is as follows:
- Civil including Restraining Orders, Name Changes, Sequestered, Review of Adoptions, Juvenile and Criminal Admin. Appeals, Uniform Arbitration Acts, Writs, Commitments, Student Loans, Driver’s License, Election, Tax, including PB (Probate), PQ (Guardianship/Conservatorship), and SA (Adoptions).
- New and Reopened Domestic Cases.
- Magistrate Criminal Appeal Cases.
- Municipal Appeal Cases.
- Administrative and Other Appeals not separately listed.
- Jury Demands (6 person).
- Jury Demands (12 person).
Costs for other basic services are as follows:
- Tape/CD Duplication
Personal checks are not accepted. Acceptable forms of payment are: cash, cashier’s checks, approved company checks or money orders made payable to First Judicial District Court.
Cash bonds are payable at the Santa Fe and Rio Arriba Clerks Office but only disbursed from the Clerk’s Office in Santa Fe.
By order, the Court may grant free process or fee reduction to any party in any civil or criminal action upon showing of indigence. Click on the Forms link under Self-Help to download an Application for Free Process.
SELF-HELP CENTER FEES FOR PACKETS
- Uncontested Divorce with Children
- Contested Divorce with Children
- Uncontested Divorce without Children
- Contested Divorce without Children
- Default Divorce with Children
- Default Divorce without Children
- Uncontested Parentage
- Contested Parentage
- Civil Restraining Order
- Adult Name Change
- Child Name Change
- Driver’s License Restoration
DOMESTIC RELATIONS PACKETS
- Kinship Guardianship of a Minor
- Child Support Worksheet Computer Printout
The Self Help Center will provide the first form at no cost. If you need more than one copy of a specific miscellaneous form, there will be a charge of $1 per copy.